- To provide an authentic and language-rich environment for pupils to develop their motivation, interest and confidence in learning.
- To enhance pupils four language skills through well-planned scaffolding tasks in the English curriculum.
- To cater for learner diversity by developing a wide range of learning tasks and activities, and employing appropriate teaching strategies.
- To enhance teaching and learning through facilitating teachers’ continuing professional development.
- To foster self-learning and lifelong learning ability through diversification of activities.
My name is Miss Empson. I’m still very new to the school, but staff and students have all made me feel very welcome, and I’m very happy to be working for S.K.H. Kei Lok Primary School.
To explain my background a little, I’m originally from the UK. I was born near Cambridge, but I’ve moved around quite a bit since then. I majored in languages at university, so at age nineteen I went overseas, first to Germany and then later to France.
After I graduated, I moved again, to Shanghai, where I worked as a teacher for three years. I taught a lot of different classes there, everything from nursery English to high school exam preparation, but I specialised in early reading and remedial grammar courses. I also helped to design course materials for nursery and primary school students.
I arrived in Hong Kong in September 2011 and spent a year working in Shek Kip Mei, setting up a new reading and writing programme. Since starting work here at S.K.H. Kei Lok Primary School, I’m already busy finding new ways to help students extend and develop their English.
I' m very much looking forward to the year ahead.
English Ambassadors Activities
English Ambassadors from P.4-6 are trained to help carry out English activities.
English Day - Speak-up Kids Award Scheme Activities
English Day - Assemblies Activities
Every Wednesday is English Day. Several activities are designed to facilitate pupils’ acquisition of language skills by providing an authentic learning environment on Wednesday English Day.
English Week Activities
There is an English Week every year. Different activities are planned for pupils under a specific plan. Just like this year, pupils learnt how to be good and responsible citizens through lunch break activities in the hall. Games were designed to raise pupils’ awareness towards good and responsible citizens. Besides, a “Bookmark Competition’ was held to improve pupils’ understanding of good citizenship.
Rocket Kids Activities
It is an after-school English enrichment course for P.3-P.6 pupils. It aims to encourage and motivate pupils to enhance their English language skills in the areas of reading and writing and to gain confidence in speaking and listening.